Wednesday, October 2, 2013

the hypatia dress - take three



Am I boring you guys with these? I'm pretty sure in retrospect I should have done all five outfits in one post but now that I've started doing one a day I feel like I need to continue. I'm just so excited about the dress I wanted to stretch it out as long as possible lol :) I can't even describe how thrilling it is to see these for sale. I mean, I've sewn my own dresses before but they're usually pretty simple beginner-level cotton frocks. To see this design come to life, with intricate details I'd have no clue how to sew at home myself... it's just amazing.

Anyway! This is my second favorite outfit of the batch (first favorite being this one.) I'm having fun seeing how different colors go with my new purple hair. I'd had normal colored hair for about a year and I almost forgot how bright colored tresses end up being a part of your outfit! I really love how the purple, red and orange all look together here though.




dress - designed by me and available at ever + mi crush | brooch - vintage
orange dress - c/o sheinside | shoes - bait footwear | headband and belt  - h&m