Monday, October 1, 2012

look what I made #7: apple picking dress!



I bought this fabric at JoAnn's last month intending to make it into a dress before my family's annual apple picking day. And then I completely forgot about it until literally the day before we went. So I did what any normal human being would do... I stayed up until 2am making the dress. Naturally.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, though, considering how quickly I put it together. I used a new pattern for the bodice (this one) and I love it! I've been using one where the front bodice was assembled from three separate pieces, but this one is one single piece with darts. It doesn't break up the pattern as much, so this is definitely the one I'm going to use for my galaxy-print dress, which is next on my sewing to-do-list! :D





Dress- handmade! | Sunglasses - uo | Shoes - urbanog | Cardigan - old navy