Friday, October 19, 2012

disney wishlist



1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9

I'm leaving for Disney World in less than one month (eep!) so I think it's about time I start sorting out what I'll be wearing! It's probably no surprise that my first inclination was to pack one dress for each day. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I really want to wear shorts instead. Dresses are my go-to for pretty much everything from lounging around the house to family outings. I think they're the most comfortable thing on the planet, but for some reason I'm just not feeling them for this trip. It's partially because I'm planning on wearing sneakers and my legs look really stumpy when I wear sneakers with knee-length dresses. But mainly I want to be very carefree -- no windy day worries and no caution about bending over or getting onto rides.

Anyway, to make a long story shorts (get it? shorts?) this is what I have in mind for my trip! Lots of pastels with pops of black and white :) I already own the pink sneakers (they're so comfy and cute!) so I've been building most of my travel wardrobe around them.

Also, side note... that polka dotted cardigan is from the forever 21 kids section -- I was out shopping with my mom recently and made the life-changing discovery that some XL kids tops actually fit (button-up blouses are a definite no, but sweaters and regular tops fit perfectly!) I'm usually a size medium/large in adult tops so I was pretty surprised, and super duper thrilled! The prices are so much cheaper and the style is (somewhat embarrassingly?) a lot closer to my own than adult stuff. And since I'm only 5' tall, the length fits me better too! Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone else wants to try it out :)