Friday, December 9, 2011

posh frock friday



dress - red velvet
necklace - handmade
shoes - modcloth

I snatched up this beauty when Red Velvet had a 50% off sale for Black Friday! I'm so incredibly hooked on velvet right now. I think it must be the holiday season; velvet reminds me of our Christmas tree skirt, the bows lining our fence and the jingle bells my mom hangs around the house.

Also, I had my hair dyed... kind of an interesting story. On Monday I noticed the dyed ends of my hair were looking kind of greyish so I went to a salon to get it fixed. I told the stylist how I've been bleaching it for almost a year and even brought along the box-top from the dye I used a couple weeks ago. I figured it had something to do with the over-bleached hair mixing strangely with the new dye, so the backstory would help her fix whatever was going wrong...

So we picked out a shade and she dyed my hair (oh, and pretty much tried to rip my scalp off while combing my hair. OH MY GOSH I have never felt so much pain.) I went back to the washing room and she shampooed the dye out and then said "hmm." and left. Then about 15 minutes later she came back with another stylist and said "see, it's not supposed to be green" ... yeah, GREEN... and then they left again! They never said a word to me. Then another 15 minutes passed, and she came back and told me she'd have to dye it again, and I would be charged for 2 colorings :p My hair ended up brown in the end so I guess it worked out, but the whole thing took five hours, my stylist was incredibly unfriendly and extremely rough and the experience overall was very unpleasant. I'm so glad I'm done dying my hair for a while so I don't have to go through stuff like this again anytime soon.