Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIY: peg dollies




hello lovelies! I'm Rosie from over at such stuff as dreams are made on, and I'm so happy to be doing a DIY-sney post for Kate today :-)

I am an avid crafter, and love knitting, sewing, crocheting, painting, and making all kinds of cute things. I thought that today I would share with you a fairly easy diy ~ how to make peg dollies. I find that in my hectic life style, sometimes I want to make something a little less taxing, a little more instantly gratifying, a little easier to enjoy doing without having to clear a good couple of hours to do...enter peg dollies!

There are several different options at each stage of the process; sometimes to acheive a different effect, or sometimes depending on how much time you have to spare ~ feel free to experiment a little!



What you will need:

- Pegs.
-Crayons/colour pencils/felt tips/paint for the faces and shoes
-Glue
-Needle and thread
-Pins
-Trims/ribbons/thick yarn



What to do:

Step 1: First of all decide on your outfit. This is a great use for any of the trims or ribbons you have been collecting or hoarding! You can either do a simple dress, or a top and skirt. (You can also use a thick yarn if you have one). Step 2: Once you know what clothes your doll will be wearing, you can decide on hair colour and shoe colour. I have tried various different ways of drawing these on and have actually found that crayons are the best, or paint if you have the time to let it dry. Colour pencils or felt tips work just as well, as does nail varnish which is what I used here. Step 3: If you're doing a dress go to step 4. If you're doing a top and skirt, here we apply the top. Apply glue thinly to your ribbon of choice, and carefully wrap it around the dolly a couple of times. Step 4: For your skirt or dress, just begin to wrap your ribbon around and layer it up to make it bigger and poofier. When you reach the bottom pin the ribbon in place. Step 5: Now thread your needle with a cotton that matches the ribbon and gently put a few threads few where your pin is.

Et voila!! For one of my peg dollies I even crocheted little flowers for the skirt : )

Hope you have fun with it, and thanks again to Kate for having me today ~ I hope you're having a wonderful time at disney!

Love
Rosie
xx