Monday, July 11, 2011

treasure hunt



dress - forever 21
belt - forever 21
shoes - modcloth

I got this cellphone handset last week and decided it would be super neat to get an old vintage rotary phone to store it on! So this weekend we headed out to the flea market to look for one. I haven't been vintage shopping in ages, and I had so much fun! I found my phone, and some other vintage goodies too! I got two 70's pots, a classic movie picture book, a super funky bright necklace, and a set of frog salt and pepper shakers. I also *finally* got the funnel cake I've been craving for the last two months. Along with a jumbo cup of fresh lemonade! yum!

I'm going to paint a pink stripe on the cream phone so that it matches my pink handset, and hang it on the wall in my new apartment!! I'm not going to have a landline, so I'll be using my iphone for all of my calls, and I love that this handset reduces 99% of the radiation emitted from the phone. I'll feel a lot better about using it so often now!

ps. If my hair looks slightly different it's because I dyed it ... again... when I went to fix the bottom, I ended up re-dying the top, too, so it's much lighter than it was last week. It's a wee bit too blonde for my taste (more obvious in person than in these photos), but I really love it! It's definitely a work in progress, but I'm really happy with it :-) Also I *love* the way it looks with bright pink lipstick!!








Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

What is your favorite flea market find?