Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice - Amber Rose from Laughing with Broken Eyes



Sugar, Spice and Everything nice is my new series that spotlights exceptionally sweet bloggers! This week your dose of sugary goodness comes from Miss Amber Rose from Laughing with Broken Eyes! When you open her blog in your browser, you might smell the scent of cotton candy, fresh cut flowers and sweet minty lemonade wafting through the air. You may feel a sudden urge to go frolicking through fields in a dainty dress, collapse on a pink and white gingham picnic blanket and enjoy crumpets and tea in the sunshine. The wind outside whispers poems in your ear, and the clouds in the sky seem to take the form of hearts and bunny rabbits. Such is the loveliness that emanates from Amber's blog! And I'm super excited that she agreed to share some of her sweetness here today!





(I stole this summary from this source. I absolutely adore this film!!)

As children, Prince Derek and Princess Odette are forced to spend their summers together by their widowed parents, who hope that the two will eventually fall in love and marry, so that the kingdoms of the two will be united. As children and adolescents, Derek and Odette can't stand each other, but as young adults they begin to see each other in a different light and fall in love with each other. But one night things take a bad turn when Derek unintentionally offends Odette, who then refuses to marry him if he can't prove that he loves her for who she is and not just her beauty. Odette and her father are then attacked by Lord Rothbart, a vengeful sorcerer who was cast out of William's kingdom when he plotted against the king. In the form of a beast, Rothbart mortally wounds William, and kidnaps Odette then places her under a spell. Now it is up to Derek to rescue Odette by showing his undying love. But, will he be in time?


Whilst I cannot cook for the life of me, here is a simple recipe I've always adored!

1) Find the most fattening, highest calorie grahm crackers you possibly can.
2) Slather them with Nuttella. yummm.
3) Roast a marshmallow over an open fire, a volcano, or my go-to choice, the flame of the stove.
4) Stick that sucker on top of the graham cracker and then add a piece of doves chocolate. Yum, yum, yum.
5) Eat your smore... and then another... go ahead, now isn't the time to feel guilty! :)





This is actually a very recent memory. Having just moved to Alabama, I really don't know anyone and often get lost in a sea of loneliness. I ventured to the market and was casually strolling about when a young baker, couldn't have been a day over eighteen, approached me. He said 'Miss, you have such a beautiful smile and that's an awful pretty dress.' Blushing, I thanked him and wished him a lovely afternoon-- or at least I was about to when he handed me a bakery cookie. 'Just a little something sweet', he said, and then returned to his post. My mom called for me, and I scurried along with one last glance at the sweetie. Kindness makes my worries fade, even if it is brief.