Sunday, September 19, 2010

these flats were made for walking


dress - H&M
shoes - Target

I'm not big on exercise... I used to come up with every kind of reason to get out of gym class (think Mary & Rachel in The Trouble with Angels) and as an adult I've done maybe one sit up and half a push up before giving up on work outs altogether. So I'm pretty darn proud of myself for going walking almost every single night last week. I only missed one day, and that was because it was pouring outside! It's without a doubt the most exercise I've had in the last six years since I was able to walk out of high school gym forever. And hey, walking outside for a half hour is about 800 times better than getting dodge balls thrown at you and having to wear a bathing suit in front of all your classmates ;-)

My only complaint is that, since I don't own a single pair of sneakers, I've had to go walking in either my little black flats, flip flops or rainboots! I'm thinking of getting a pair of traditional converse sneakers but I'm not sure which color yet. I'm leaning towards purple...

ps. That's the dress I got in New York last week as an early birthday present from my mom!