Monday, September 20, 2010

apple cinnamon wontons




I've had this recipe printed out from when I was on weight watchers in 2007, but I could never find the wonton wrappers at my grocery store! I let out a little squeal of glee yesterday when I found them, surprisingly, on the shelf all the way on the tip-top where nobody looks, in the organic vegetable department?

Anyway, I adapted the recipe a bit, substituting regular sugar for brown (not for any culinary reason.. my cat was parked in front of my baking cabinet, so I had to use the regular sugar on the shelf) granny smith for macintosh and I served mine with powdered sugar instead of a la mode.

You'll need:

1 granny smith apple
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar (brown or white works fine, lol)
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
12 wonton wrappers
powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350'. Peel and core the apple, then chop into teeny tiny pieces. Mix with cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice. Wet the edges of the wonton wrappers with water, and then place about a teaspoon-full of apple into the middle of each piece. Fold into a triangle and press the edges with a fork to seal it closed. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, and then cool. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy! :)